View Single Post
Old September 10, 2010, 06:02   #13
zaimoni
Knight

zaimoni is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon Silverflame View Post
I'd also adjust the equipment set, so you use more of what you can do, not what your equipment does. The major things I see to consider removing: the scrolls of identify, as fizzix noted, the rods of light and fire bolts (check the damage you do with the spell, compared to what they do...and check against your *bow* damage. You should have 2 shots, so I'd be trying to gather up more magical ammo to use...but with that nice bow, even the non-magical arrows should be doing more damage),
Sorry, Rods of Light are the Poor Man's Clairvoyance. A stack of Rods of Light means you can routinely illuminate corridors and thus avoid all sorts of Instant Death.

Rods of Fire vs. Death Bow -- well, that just means you use the Rods of Fire against chaff and the Death Bow against anything the Rod of Fire won't snuff on first hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiburon Silverflame View Post
Also, don't be hoarding those enchant weapon to damage scrolls...use them. Break up your non-magical arrows into chunks of about 30, then enchant them up to +5 or so. Do the same with another group of 30, then combine so you've got 60 arrows (0,+5).
To minimize fail rate, stick with chunks of 20.

Also, why stop at 60 if you have the STR? I'm uncomfortable with anything less than 2 stacks of 80+ enchanted arrows.
zaimoni is offline   Reply With Quote