Thread: Should I quit?
View Single Post
Old February 5, 2008, 19:01   #7
Daven_26d1
Adept

Daven_26d1 is on a distinguished road
Yeah, the only reason to suicide a character is because you have no interest in playing it and you want to get your effort onto the scoreboard, or a restart based on something you forgot about, as Matthias says. In this case, the important thing is to remember that you haven't been this deep before and its important that you get as much information into the monster memory and your brain as possible, so that you can do even better in the future.

At that depth, I wouldn't worry too much about rBlind, I'd only be really worried if I was playing a mage. You can carry mushrooms if you're uncomfortable with it and its well to remember that even !CLW remove some blinding (just about the only thing they're good for TBH) and the higher potions are even better at removing the effect.

A staff of teleport is a good investment for a high elf ranger without rBlind, because you will still be able to perform escapes unlike with scrolls & the activation should be pretty reliable. Don't teleport unless its necessary (you can't see what you've landed next to.) Fighting blind or shooting down corridors blind is more than acceptable for a ranger unless you are in immediate danger of being killed.

Never suicide just because you haven't got a base covered, the RNG will reward patience and effort in the face of adversity.
Daven_26d1 is offline   Reply With Quote