View Single Post
Old June 8, 2020, 23:26   #15
Quirk
Swordsman

Quirk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
Cool. Picking up ID'd ego items from skeletons erroneously displays them as (special).
Good catch. Might be a tricky one to figure out, and it's fairly minor so I might come back to it at a later point.

Quote:
EDIT: Not really a bug, but noticed many of the new items are kind of difficult to manually ID compared to Vanilla. Course, could be me not being used to the new ID metagame. Makes inventory managing somewhat frustrating in the midgame, even with Channeling and _Understanding. Not inding self knowledge either..
Any particular items or types of items that you're finding this with? I think most weapons should still be fairly easy to ID.

Quote:
EDIT: Speaking of, is _Recharging still in? I recall it recharging oher staves twice per charge with Channeling last version, which seemed unintentional.
Yes - largely this is because Channeling basically lets you use half charges, and Recharging recharges a full charge. Arguably this is a bit too good, but I'm planning a larger overhaul of consumables and it's probably still not as broken as Earthquakes was...

I'm thinking of having rebooted staffs be off-hand items that gain Focus depending on time spent and Perception skill, which can be spent on a variety of "Word of" abilities e.g. "Word of Opening" or "Word of Whetting". Focus will be a bit like spell points, and each staff will have a random assortment of abilities. It's a bit Gandalfy, and not very First-Agey, but it's much more Tolkienish than the limited-use consumable way staffs work currently and it incorporates the "word of command" and "spells of men and elves" in a way that makes staffs meaningful and doesn't overlap with songs. Quarterstaffs will then perish.

This is a ton of work though so it may not happen soon.

Quote:
EDIT: Were blunt weapons changed? They no longer trivializes statues?
Yup, in 1.4.2, addressing feedback from Scatha. Sceptres got removed, and IIRC warhammers and quarterstaffs got buffs.

Quote:
EDIT: Wolf-Hame of Drauglin tile is missing
EDIT: The inventory glow of slaying egos seems bugged, eg half the battle axe icon disappears when Dramborleg is close to raukar.
Great stuff, will raise issues.

Quote:
EDIT: Speaking of Hames; there are currently no acidproof non-artifact cloaks far as I can tell. I'd prefer if item decay was nixed altogether tbh, blundering into traps/horrors is just feels frustrating and gamey.
Yeah I dislike acid too tbh, it's more the question of how to redo the enemies to make them somewhat interesting with a different mechanic. I come up with new mechanics every so often (met attercops yet?) so they will get the chop sometime.

Quote:
EDIT: Glaurung's tile kind of looks like it has wings, which it doesn't have in the lore (maybe swap it with Gostir).
Will pass on to Microchasm.

Quote:
EDIT: Mithril Greaves of Nogrod seems weird. Nogrod is a Dwarfen city, but all Mithril in Middle Earth was brought by the Noldor from the west (prior to Moria).
Well, the founding of Moria - Khazad-dum - comfortably predates the start of the First Age, and it grew wealthy from trading mithril. Did Telchar and Gamil Zirak have the chance to trade for and work Moria-silver? I'm happy to believe so.

Quote:
EDIT: Dragohir, the Elfbane's tile is missing.
EDIT: Galvor Armour tile is missing.
Great, will update relevant issues.
Quirk is offline   Reply With Quote