Thread: Suggestions
View Single Post
Old December 25, 2016, 22:38   #8
ripforareason
Apprentice

ripforareason is on a distinguished road
Another few suggestions after playing several games recently:

- It would be nice to have a skill to obtain Fear resistance in the Will tree. Even with 18 will, I'm getting hit with Fear very often against Great Fire/Cold drakes that I can otherwise easily kill.
- As far as I can tell, greatswords are strictly worse than bastard swords unless you have a ton of strength, because they have higher weight and the same damage output, until you start finding Mithril greatswords. I think it would be useful to have a two-handed weapon use skill that gives an additional damage side and point of accuracy when using "true" two-handed weapons. Ideally, this skill would also branch in to Rapid Attack instead of Opportunist. I'm not really sure how Rapid Attack is supposed to be used, actually, outside of a thing to take when you enter 1000', as it seems my damage output always decreases when I use it. I don't use greatswords very often unless I find Saithnar, and sometimes I carry Glend to kill Silent Watchers, Grotesques since it's better than any generic bastard sword for this purpose. Shields are just too useful.
- I'm not sure if this could be done, but it would be nice if the forge counter was based on actually seeing forges, rather than the forge merely spawning on the level. This is one of many reasons smithing is so frustrating, you are always wondering if you missed a forge every time you go upstairs.
- Make Kemenrauko have to spend a turn digging. Kemen are easily the most infuriating enemies in the game imo because of their high protection and tendency to flee while digging, making it nearly impossible to catch them.
- Don't hide shafts on the map screen when they are on a darkened square. mpa-sil does away with this as far as I can tell, vanilla should too. I resorted to dropping a "marker" item near a shaft to know where I wanted to go once I finished exploring the level.
- Smithing could probably use a buff, but I'm not sure how it should be done. With the improvement of floor items, there is no real reason to do smithing except as a hard mode that is also something different.
ripforareason is offline   Reply With Quote