View Single Post
Old May 3, 2015, 14:12   #2
Nomad
Knight

Nomad is on a distinguished road
There are a few remaining minor message issues:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
* There's still no "You reorder some items in your pack" message when newly identified items are moved to a different inventory slot.
* No "You see no more [items]." message when using consumables from the floor.
Quote:
Minor message issue I've just noticed with selling items to shops/dropping them into the home. If you sell one of a stack of consumables in your inventory, you get a message like:

Code:
You sold a Scroll of Detect Invisible (f) for 13 gold.
But if you sell a single item/the entire stack at once, you get:

Code:
You sold a Scroll of Detect Invisible () for 13 gold.
I assume the empty parentheses mean it's not checking for the inventory letter until after the item's already gone.
Also some observations I made about existing bugs that might have been missed in the shuffle:

#1889, "Darkness breath removes wall knowledge":

Quote:
I see from the ticket for #1889, the "Darkness breath removes wall knowledge" bug that people are having difficulty confirming it, so I should volunteer that I get it too, but it only happens if you're standing inside a defined room, not a corridor. (Also, you don't have to wait for a darkness breather, a Scroll or Staff of Darkness will cause the same effect.)
#1892, "Run past objects":

Quote:
If you stand adjacent to a floor item and run in its direction, instead of moving one square and stopping on top of the item (previous behaviour), you now run two squares and stop in the next square beyond the item. Most significantly, this can cause you to accidentally 'leapfrog' one square outside the trap-detected area if there's an item lying on the detection border.

(I know it's fairly silly and pointless to be using the run command to move a single square anyway, but I tend to just hold shift and keep tapping arrows if I want to run past several obstacles, rather than bother switching back and forth between run and walk.)
Quote:
If you get a "Your [object] has recharged" message in the same turn that you would have hit the edge of a trap detection boundary while running, you end up running on an extra square and stopping just outside the boundary instead of on it. At least, I think that's what's happening there - I've twice noticed @ running past the edge of a detection area when I got a recharge message. (Possibly other types of messages interrupting running are causing the same issue too? That could be what's behind the intermittent 'run past' bug.)
Nothing else I can think of... in general everything's feeling pretty polished by now, and I actually don't feel like it's appreciably more buggy to play than other major releases when they first arrived. Nice work!
Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote