View Single Post
Old April 21, 2016, 16:36   #2
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Without a character dump, it's hard to say, but I'd guess it's that you have more than one quiver. Across all quivers, @ can only hold 10 total types of ammunition (slots 0 through 9) and a single quiver can only hold a maximum of 40 missiles. A quiver takes up one slot of inventory, if you go over 40 missiles, than a second inventory slot is taken up, over 80, a third slot, etc. Even with three quivers though, you can still only carry 10 total types of missiles.

Ammunition is automatically ordered by some "power" formula (I don't know precisely the formula), ignoring slays, with the weakest ammo carried first. To reorder the ammunition, use inscriptions. I tend to inscribe all ammo that I want to keep with =g (for automatically pick-up without asking) so I can retrieve the missiles quickly. I used to also add to the =g inscription an inscription of @f0, or @f1, or @f2, etc. This will order your ammo in the quiver as you see fit. Now, though, I don't bother with anything but the =g and occasionally with @f0=g to shove weaker missiles in the first slot if I don't like the automatic allocation.
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote