View Single Post
Old November 7, 2019, 02:02   #9
Marco
Rookie

Marco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I suggest getting your branch to a state where it compiles and runs before committing. Probably the only thing you need to change is Makefile.src; you need to remove files from the list that you've deleted, and add your new ones.
Currently the branch I commited compiles as a CodeBlock project upon a MinGW compiler, hopefully with the same compile/link options of the Angband makefile. It runs apparently without errors, but I tested it only a little, playing for a few minutes, so this is not a guarantee.
I searched all the configure/make files for occurences of sourcefile names, and I found only two of them worthy of attention, Makefile.src and Makefile.inc, but I'm not sure which one (or both) to change, following what you outline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
When you've done that, you can either make a pull request, or just mentio it here and I can pull your code in directly.
Thanks. I realized that I need some more time to better understand how to correctly setup my development environment and how to use/combine git commands (see also the helpful Pete Mack's reply). I was already reading extensively the Forum, and also some git tutorial, but git is still really hard to me.

The idea of maintaining a local SVN to track changes locally and committing only the final result on GitHub was not so good, or maybe not good at all. I guess I can work directly on my local (PC) copy of my branch.
Marco is offline   Reply With Quote