View Single Post
Old June 14, 2013, 09:52   #11
Hajo
Adept

Hajo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
perhaps the complexity to which you refer is the themes aspect.
Yes, it's mostly been the themes. I didn't want to port the themes parser and the themes logic. But at a second thought it looks very reasonable to have the themes code on top of the basic affix code.

If one wants to keep the "one effect per affix" rule, this look like the best idea. And allowing several effects per affix just moves the complexity to a worse place in the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Otherwise items with multiple affixes would only ever be totally random, like D2's rares.
I want to add such items. I imagine that it will be difficult to rebalance the game after such changes, but to me the item concept in D2 was very interesting, one of the best parts of the game. If I ever have the time and motivation, I'd like the implement the whole system in my Angband variant, including gemmed items, runes and runewords. Once the affix system is there, those steps should be fairly easy.

v4 also has changes to player knowledge and identification of item properties. I think I want to port those too, in the long run.

Thanks for the replies. I have a better idea now of how the code works.

Last edited by Hajo; June 14, 2013 at 09:58.
Hajo is offline   Reply With Quote