View Single Post
Old June 17, 2012, 06:39   #1
kaypy
Swordsman

kaypy is on a distinguished road
A few observations

Just some notes from trying v4:

Was the "It dies. It flees in terror!" glitch supposed to be fixed? (I seem to recall something about fixing it somewhere) Anyhow, I just ran into it in g2372c43, but under rather rare circumstances.

The order of events (as I piece it together) was:
Target is hit by rift
Target hurt to fleeing point
Target relocated further along rift beam
Target hit by (the same) rift again
Target killed.

Shelob, Spider of Darkness dies.
Shelob, Spider of Darkness flees in terror!

Aside from that, I also wanted to note that the whole artifact spellbooks and automatic drops thing works a whole lot better than I had anticipated.

Expected result: Always play with artifacts enabled to ensure books are obtainable before fighting <unique>
Actual result: Hmm. I've got a <powerful consumable> or two, I bet I could dive down a bit and take out <unique>...

My remaining worry about the whole spellbooks thing* is that it does add a new level of monster knowledge- there's a big difference between burning consumables for a guaranteed reward and offing random uniques...

edit: Oh, one other thing I nearly forgot: Can I add a vote for "make some obvious indicator that an item has more than the abilities associated with its name"- as near as I can tell I either need to
a) rely utterly on getting my first attempt to set up squelch settings absolutely right
or
b) [I]nspect absolutely every item I come across

---

* other than that I cant speak for priestly balance, not having tried that yet...

Last edited by kaypy; June 17, 2012 at 06:46.