View Single Post
Old December 24, 2011, 10:07   #3
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
I'm pretty sure these changes are a result of Blubaron's enhanced mouse support work, and if so then they've been applied to 3.4-dev too. I think the best solution to the browsing problem would be to have the game automatically 'I'nspect the selected item before offering the action menu. Unfortunately this is quite difficult to implement because we only have sequential display of info at the moment, and no way to overlay the action menu on top of the 'I'nspect info (see Jeff's new UI thread for the future).

The ring of delving is WAD - you can attempt to activate unIDd items, and discover their activation that way. I guess purists would say that every unIDd item ought to have an Activate option in the action menu, which is then removed once you discover that it in fact has no activation. But I'm not convinced that that would enhance the game.