View Single Post
Old June 19, 2011, 17:30   #6
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by artes View Post
Is it just me, or is Sangband much more difficult than Angband? (This is not a complaint, just an observation.)

I have problems already from dungeon level 3. Brain Ooze with confusion, Animated Daggers, Cobras that spit to make me blind, Skeleton Kobolds that are hardly harmed by swords, Knobblesticks that dodge everything... The early enemies are differentiated and have dangerous skills. They are much more challenging than in Angband. Also they seem to have a better AI for pathfinding.

Actually I think I remember the daggers and cobras from some time long ago. Maybe they were in an old version of Angband, or even in Moria?
Yes, S is harder than V. So is Oangband, on which its combat and monster AI is based. Although we want to make V a little more challenging (mainly in the late game), I don't think we want to go this far.