Thread: Comp 193
View Single Post
Old September 24, 2016, 18:48   #21
Antoine
Ironband/Quickband Maintainer

Antoine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger jeff View Post
Lol I changed it as you first suggested and was fine. Though maybe I was just fortunate to not get drained before 1) getting a rod of detect doors/stairs/TRAPS, 2) getting a ring of might, and 3) potions of restoration starting to drop in the mid teens. Though I've also been playing archery (elves are better with missiles than melee, right?) so I probably didn't melee anything that could have drained me. Well, Ghosts, but who cares about WIS/INT with a fighter?

Honestly right now I'm finding the challenge of Minimal was all in the low levels. Sure I'm still playing cautiously, I'm sure one of the new monsters coming up will give me hell (Pit Fiends I hear, but I have rChaos, and red D's and chromatic D's are to be avoided to the end - yes I read the one ladder post that made it down to 48...) But for now I can plow though pretty much any lone monster without consuming any resources. And pits can be picked apart a few at a time. So my experience is, very tough start leads to cautious play, which leads to tedious level clearing in the mid-game. Probably not the right balance.
Keep trucking and we can take stock afterwards and figure out what needs changing?

A.