View Single Post
Old October 19, 2007, 17:26   #2
Big Al
Swordsman

Donated: $18.32
Big Al is on a distinguished road
1) That's the way it is in Angband and nearly all its variants (including Unangband I think). It's part of the challenge, knowing that anything left on the ground when you leave the level will pretty much be lost forever. The 'connected stairs' option makes it so that if eg. you go down a stair set, you won't land on an up stair on the next level. There are (a few) variants that do keep the previous levels. There is also some way to play with graphical tiles too in vanilla angband, though I'm not quite certain how.

2) The very first time that you started up Unangband, you had a choice of something like "a) never played any 'band variant before, b) never played Unangband before, c) played unangband before". If you picked a) then you go into a kind of "tutorial mode" which automatically chooses an istari since it's the easiest class. As you go farther in the game, more classes and races get unlocked. If you want access to all the races/classes, I think that you'll need to delete the pref files for your user. Keep in mind that Unangband is still beta.

P.S. Angband 3.0.6 is old now - try version 3.0.9.
Big Al is offline   Reply With Quote