View Single Post
Old May 9, 2019, 21:27   #10
Quirk
Swordsman

Quirk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitum View Post
Nice! Haven't played around yet, but dabbled a bit reading through the abilities. How do Accurate weapons work mechanically?
You get to reroll your Melee roll when you miss an attack.

Quote:
Smite looks neat, but might make 2-handers outperform light weapons for sneak attacks?
Subtlety stabbers tend to be fragile in stand up fights. Your enemies moving twice when you strike I think makes staying alive if your target survives rather more perilous.

Quote:
Also noticed Mithril Greatwords being 3d6 by default with no corresponding increase in smithing cost?
Yup. They needed to offer something that offset the lack of versatility compared to bastard swords and lack of Strength scaling compared to normal greatswords. They already cost mithril to smith, which is in limited supply.

Quote:
A 5500 xp investment (8 skillpoints, Weaponsmith, Artifice + Masterpiece by way of artifact hammer) now buys any character a (-2,3d6)[+1] sword at 3-5lb, which might honestly be worth it even if one chanced upon one of the sharp artefacts.
I am a little confused by this if we're still talking mithril greatswords. A much smaller investment will get you a 3d4 bastard sword with the same 3d6 stats and the ability to be used with a shield, and I don't think I understand the need for so much smithing. You would be sad to use it as an endgame weapon.

You're not thinking that a mithril greatsword gains 2 more sides for being used 2 handed are you? 2 handed weapons have the advertised number of damage sides baked in and have as long as I've played Sil.

Edit: if you mean you can smith a 3d8 mithril greatsword for 17 smithing - yes, sure. 17 smithing could also alternatively get you a fire-branded 3d6 one. You could have a 3d6 battle-axe (so actually 3d8) for 16 smithing and save on mithril. 17 Smithing plus mithril will get you a decent weapon.

Last edited by Quirk; May 9, 2019 at 21:43.
Quirk is offline   Reply With Quote