View Single Post
Old January 22, 2011, 09:40   #9
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilš View Post
Thorin: why? Thorin is pretty essential item because of +4 CON, I rather would give other shields bonus to compete with it. Like what I wrote to other thread, Haradrim +2 PVAL instead of +1 and remove blows/shots.
You and Eddie don't seem to understand that the Thorin being "essential" is a *problem*. It definitely needs weakening. I agree that the +4 CON is necessary for many characters, but should it really come with rchaos, rsound and iAcid on a very easy to find low level artifact? It's nonsense, and always has been.
Quote:
Dal-I-Thalion gives only DEX bonus in addition to speed, just drop both. +4 would be enough, and it would still be useful with +3 because conf resist. However dropping speed too low would make BoS too tempting. Even +5 BoS would be better than Dal-i-Thalion with +3 speed (yes, speed is that powerful IMO).

You say that artifact boots compete with non-BoS egos. I disagree. They need to compete with BoS-egos, not non BoS. Otherwise you see them only as swap items.
I agree with you here. Leave the speed bonus on Dal-i-thalion at +5 and drop the Dex to +3.
Quote:
Sting: that would make it next to useless. Any good big-dice westernesse +2 or weapon of extra blows +2 would then beat it. Sting is already weak, even with speed bonus, no need to make it any weaker.
Sting isn't weak. The way +dam works at the moment it's hugely powerful. But if there's any artifact that gets to retain +2 blows, it should be Sting.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote