View Single Post
Old July 22, 2009, 19:04   #115
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCC View Post
Over the past 23 years I have spent over 70000 hours (about 60 hours a week average) playing computer games. The most recent games played since 2000 were the Master of Orion series, the Sid Meier's Civilization series, and the Space Empires series by Malfador Machinations. I also played Hack, Nethack, Moria, Larn, and Linley's dungeon crawl. So I bring an exceedingly great experience at playing games to my attempts to win Angband. I say with great authority that this game needs a well written MANUAL!
I think James Doyle, who has spent a long time writing this, would hope that it satisfied your needs. If it doesn't, start a thread about the improvements you'd like to see ...

Have you really managed 60 hours a week average? I've played quite a lot of games over the past 30 years, but I suspect that my average is only a handful of hours per week. I can remember a few periods where I probably averaged 60 hours a week for half a dozen weeks (MoO1 springs to mind), but I don't think I could keep it up. What do you do for a living that allows you 60 hours a week of gaming time??
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote