View Single Post
Old July 5, 2019, 10:54   #41
tangar
Knight

tangar is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Not anymore. Next version doesn't have this anymore, I've removed the ability to grow trees.
I'm not sure that it was bad thing. I liked possibility to chop trees. After all, they could grow back It gives certain roguelikish flavor to towns. Maybe leave it as an option in mangband.cfg?

Quote:
min level = min(depth where the item was found / 2, level of the character that found the item).
is "2" an example of player lvl? I'm not sure that I understood this formula correctly. Eg:

Player (20 lvl dwarf ) found an axe on -1500 depth (30 lvl). How to calculate it min lvl.. According your formula:

30/2,20 = 14.

Sounds alright. Did I understand your formula correctly?

Quote:
Still a problem: what to do with items sold in shops (depth = 0)? Half the item base depth?.
Make items bought from shops - soulbonded? I also don't like such strict restrictions, just a variant..

By base depth.. do you mean
# properties: depth : weight : cost
.. in object.txt?

Then 'Black Dragon Scale Mail' would have:
properties:35:120:40000

35/2 = 18 lvl req.

Looks good. Another go..

name:Trickery
graphics:":d
type:amulet
properties:70:3:30000

35 lvl.. hm. Alright too. Looks fun to me.

Quote:
Interesting. This sounds much more logical than max level requirement on items. In fact, Sil has this and it's a good feature that forces you to dive and not play a low level too long. I'll add this feature for next version.
Great!

Last edited by tangar; July 5, 2019 at 11:08.
tangar is offline   Reply With Quote