View Single Post
Old January 12, 2018, 16:31   #183
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibarius View Post
I do! And i could even write it down so that a developer like Nick just needs to implement it
Ahh, the fabled "game designer" job, where you supply ideas and let other people do the unpleasant work of implementing them. Sadly, game development tends to be a "bring your own implementation" situation; everyone has more ideas than they can implement themselves, so they have little interest in working on other peoples' ideas as well. Indeed, the primary reward that Nick gets for being the Vanilla maintainer is that he gets to implement his own ideas into the game...the primary penalty for being the Vanilla maintainer is everyone shouting their own ideas at him whenever he releases something.

On the plus side, Nick's also been working hard to make it easier for people to create new spells and effects by just modifying the data files, which at least means you don't have to recompile the game to test your new creations. In other words, I recommend trying to implement your own spell list and see how well it works. Publish your results here and you may well get other people to try it out as well.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote