Thread: Shockbolt tiles
View Single Post
Old June 17, 2012, 22:43   #4
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
myshkin,

Firstly, thank you for all your work on the Mac port! I look forward to updating the Sil Mac port to reflect most of the changes when I can work out how...

Quote:
I am less sure about multiple characters of text per tile space. Someone more familiar with the UI code than I may be able to comment on that.
If you look at the linked image above, it has 64x64 tiles and each character of text is much smaller than that. I think each character is a 6th of a tile wide and a 3rd of a tile tall. This seems like the best of both worlds to me. In previous versions with tiles, I thought that there was always too much black space between characters. I also now realise that one would rarely like the tiles to be much bigger than this (unless that is through super hi-res displays...) so my ideal sizes are probably 32x32, 48x48, 64x64.

If you are playing with tiles, then it seems that the Windows/Linux way is markedly superior to the current Mac way. Text only modes might reverse this though, so one needs to bear both in mind.
half is offline   Reply With Quote