View Single Post
Old December 22, 2015, 16:06   #28
Rowan
Adept

Rowan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman View Post
Oh, did Brian Herbert continue the series after "Chapterhouse: Dune"? I always saw that one listed as the end of the official series, so I never looked into whatever Brian Herbert did.
Well... he did. He wrote "Hunters of Dune" and "Sandworms of Dune," which supposedly complete his father's original intent for the story. However, that's very suspicious- because as soon as Brian took over, the story took off in a different direction, all the characters' personalities changed and intelligence dropped through the basement. Then I already mentioned he makes a character from his own prequels into the savior of the universe. Somehow I don't think it was in Frank's notes that the original ending of the story would glorify characters that his son would write 15 years after Frank's death.

I generally tell people to just stop after "Chapterhouse" and pretend the others never existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therem Harth View Post
"I don't care if it happens off-screen, just the concept is enough to make me feel like barfing."
Hahaha, I'm trying to remember what you might be talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowman View Post
Pedantic side note: My criticism of being formulaic was specifically for LotR, not for Tolkien's works as a whole.
How so formulaic?
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote