View Single Post
Old July 21, 2020, 20:14   #5
archolewa
Adept

archolewa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by whartung View Post
I'm sorry, I don't understand what this means. "it doesn't actually *end* single combat".

Is "Single Combat" some kind of special mode? In other games, they do have a first class concept of being "in" and "out" of combat. The only way to get "out" of combat is to kill the monster, or run out of range to "reset" the monster.

While "in" combat, some things behave differently than when "out" of combat. (For example, "out" of combat, your health regenerates on its own, "in" combat, it does not.)

Now, these are dramatically different games and mechanics, but given that as a reference, i didn't know there was a concept "Single Combat", much less that it needed to be "ended".
Single Combat is the Paladin's capstone spell. When you cast it on a monster, it seals you and that monster in a small room, and you can't leave until you've killed the monster. The big advantage of the Single Combat spell is that teleport spells and summons don't work. So a great thing to cast on Sauron and other enemies who like to summon and teleport. The big disadvantage of Single Combat is that your character can't escape, so you better make sure you have what it takes to kill your opponent.
archolewa is offline   Reply With Quote