View Single Post
Old August 2, 2019, 16:14   #3
Zorbus
Rookie

Zorbus is on a distinguished road
Release 18 (02-Aug-2019)

This release is noticeably bigger than before (almost 170 megabytes) and the reason is...

Sound effects!
Roguelikes don't usually shine in this area but try this one out. The sounds really make the dungeon feel like a living thing.

Most creatures have custom sounds and the speech bubbles work well with the sound effects.

There are also some short ambient pieces playing when you for example discover a hidden treasure chamber or a tomb etc.
Splatting those kobols and goblins is just so more satisfying with a proper sound effect.

Hopefully the sounds work on all configurations. I could only test with Windows 10 on a real hardware. I tried with Windows 7 and
Ubuntu with Wine in VirtualBox and sadly the sounds lagged there. Sound effects won't work on Windows XP.

Added online leaderboard. When you ascend, your character information is sent to a server and added to a leaderboard.
Again, I'm hopeful that this works. At least it worked on all configurations (WinXP, Win7, Ubuntu Wine) when tested in VirtualBox.

You can start the game with a randomly generated character.

When looting things you usually pick up stuff by pressing ENTER. You can now directly equip stuff from the loot screen by
pressing CONTROL + ENTER on an item. Same rules apply as for normal equpping meaning that you can't equip armor if there
are hostile creatures seen.

You can now exchange items with your companions and edit their equipment.
Zorbus is offline   Reply With Quote