View Single Post
Old February 7, 2012, 17:01   #2
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
For my part, I apologize for dropping off the face of the earth for the past month or so. I can't guarantee that I'll be much more active in the future, but I'll try.
Quote:
I'm afraid missile combat is still broken. Now that the rest of this stuff is working, it's the top priority, but given how much development has slowed down recently, I thought it would be worth getting this version out rather than holding it all up while fizzix and I argue about spreadsheets.
I assume the holdup here is on deciding what the right numbers are, not in porting over missile combat to use the same system as melee, right? Also, did you implement the simple fix to make missile weapons deal more than 1 damage/hit?
Quote:
slays and brands are significantly less powerful than they were before - typically they add ~50% damage rather than 200%.
I assume the "before" referred to here is for the previous version of v4, right after the new combat system was added, right?
Quote:
- Enchant weapon scrolls have been renamed, and now add 1d10 points of finesse or prowess if they work (limit 200 instead of 20)
I'd recommend 2d6 or 3d4 instead, to reduce the odds of getting a terrible enchant. But I'm generally not a big fan of 1dX dice rolls.

I'll have to take a look at the new crit algorithm; I'm curious how it works.