View Single Post
Old October 7, 2010, 21:40   #13
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
How would that scheme handle this situation?

Monster @ 110 energy
Player @ 120 energy with 25 energy cost/blow

Player attacks once. Now has 95 energy. Therefore disturb player; now monster's turn.
Monster casts a spell. Now has 10 energy. Game adds energy to everyone until someone can take a turn => player @ 100 energy, monster @ 15 energy.
Player attacks once. Now has 75 energy. 75 < 100; therefore disturb player. Game adds energy to everyone until someone can take a turn => player @ 100 energy, monster @ 40 energy.
Player attacks once...

In other words, this seems like it would lead to a lot of single blows. I agree that you should need at least 100 energy before you get a turn (otherwise you could do something other than attack and end up with negative energy), but I think you should continue attacking until you have less energy than at least one monster, or attacking again would give you negative energy. The way Eddie wrote it, it sounds like this wasn't what he was thinking of. Or did I misinterpret?
When energy is less than 100, the player doesn't move yet, but isn't disturbed either. He just keeps on acting, the way you keep on acting turn after turn as you run.

I guess I screwed up my explanation. I was thinking of multiple ways to describe it and got them confused together. Sorry about that.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote