aclocal
The program 'aclocal' can be found in the following packages:
 * automake
 * automake1.10
 * automake1.4
 * automake1.9
 * automake1.7
Try: sudo apt-get install <selected package>
in which case you need to install automake. It is also likely that you will need to install libx11-dev.
That's a neat feature. On my system you'd have to use apt-cache search aclocal or apt-file search aclocal. Anyway, the full set of deps can be installed with

sudo apt-get install build-essential debhelper autotools-dev libncursesw5-dev libglade2-dev libsdl1.2-dev libsdl-mixer1.2-dev libsdl-gfx1.2-dev libsdl-image1.2-dev libsdl-net1.2-dev libsdl-ttf2.0-dev libsqlite3-dev libtexlive-latex-extra

Note that you can get away with fewer if you don't need certain modules built:

libncursesw5-dev is for the -mgcu port
libglade2-dev is for the -mgtk port
libsdl* are for the -msdl port
libsqlite3-dev is for the -mstats module (needs 3GB RAM!)

You can remove any of these, though if you remove libglade2-dev you will need to install libx11-dev explicitly to build the -mx11 port, along with libice6-dev and libsm6-dev.

texlive-latex-extra is for the 3.3.x documentation, which has been replaced in 3.4-dev versions by RST docs, so this is only necessary if you are building 3.3.x

Also, please note that make distclean will undo the changes made by running autogen.sh and configure, so the correct sequence of commands is

./autogen.sh
./configure --with-my-options
make
make install