View Single Post
Old October 1, 2017, 15:55   #3
Quirk
Adept

Quirk is on a distinguished road
Hi wobbly, particularly good to hear from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I doubt I'd take this as listen does a similar thing better.
Hmm. Okay. I'll give some thought to coming up with something better. Could even move Knock Back into its place.

Quote:
I'd be careful here as with subtlety & a big slaying bonus it currently can completely take Morgoth out of the fight. It's... it doesn't work properly at the low end & is too good at the top end.
Perhaps it needs a rebalance then. I noted it was under-represented on the winners list here:
http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=8157.

Quote:
I'd be disapointed to see freedom go, which is actually quite good. It'll be particular hard to play a -1 str sindar build without this.
This again was not widely used, as far as I can see. Could you explain a little bit more about the circumstances in which it's useful? I feel it may be a bit niche.

Quote:
Not sure why the silence boost, it's already quite good.
Noted. I may have been lumping it in with the pacifist skills which really seemed to not be very useful at present.

Quote:
Song of wisdom sounds a bit like loremaster with extra ui hassle, I'm doubtful of this.
This is fair. I wanted to spread identification skills around a little bit, as I think currently perception suffers from the "easy option" for identification being to spend 7 points and 2 skills in that tree, and I wanted to give more alternatives to get to an acceptable result. This alternative may be more hassle than it's worth.
Quirk is offline   Reply With Quote