View Single Post
Old November 6, 2008, 13:05   #2
Donald Jonker
Knight

Donald Jonker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
The competition has declined somewhat in popularity from when it started; if anyone has any ideas of changes that could be made, or comments on the general idea, or anything else relevant to say, this might be a good place to do it (as opposed to, say, telling a random stranger on the bus).
I think one way to cause a major spike in popularity would be to have the competition hosted here at oook. I realize I'm nominating pav for a lot of extra work, but I just want to throw it out there.

Having a special ladder organized around the parameters of the competition (ie. first by max depth, second by min turncount) would give people a constant index to see what they're up against, and spur them to compete. If there were a big message on the front page of the site reminding folks about the competition I think you'd reach a lot more people that either missed the announcement on rgra or simply forgot about it.

Lastly, I think it would be worthwhile to make slightly more advanced characters as the starting point (I believe this suggestion was made on rgra). I believe that having an excuse to savescum from an advanced stage in the game would entice people to play a variant that isn't their particular cup of tea. Of course, not many people who get so far will want to offer their savefile to the masses, but it would be nice.
Donald Jonker is offline   Reply With Quote