View Single Post
Old October 22, 2016, 08:16   #2
Ingwe Ingweron
Veteran

Ingwe Ingweron is on a distinguished road
Yep, you've got everything that's on my list. Still trying to get you a "drops in walls" savefile.

Oh, and reiterating a feature request to bring back the trap detection line, at least as a game-play option. (I note, "FAAngband does this...")

Currently, my only complaint is not liking the new treatment of secret doors not being detectable except by walk-by. I think it makes tactical approaches to pits difficult, wastes time unnecessarily feeling around for doors, and unfairly benefits experienced players who already have a good idea of where secret doors are most likely to be.

Looking forward to, hopefully, seeing new terrain in the dungeon; like lava pits, water rooms, webs, hidden tree groves (ala FAAngband.) And to those who say trees don't grow underground, maybe its a shaft room with access to sunlight, or a giant mushroom forest like in Jules Verne's "Journey to the Center of the Earth".

Maybe some of those one-time "special" levels from FAAngband too. "Drums in the deep...!!!" And "neutral" aligned "p", so that I can have a sop to my conscience about killing every single thing.

Thanks, Nick. Such a great job!
“We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.”
― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Last edited by Ingwe Ingweron; October 22, 2016 at 08:22.
Ingwe Ingweron is offline   Reply With Quote