View Single Post
Old March 25, 2019, 19:02   #10
Sideways
Knight
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 527
Sideways is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudiment View Post
1) Find a weapon with stat *Sharpness*. Does it just increase the base weapon damage and nothing more?
2) Does power of given artifact via Scroll of Acquirement depends of dungeon level where scroll is read?
3) Some enemies use mana bolt and this attack can eat up to 150 HP per turn. Is there any way to reduce such damage? (exclude daze attacks on foul spellcasters)
1) Sharpness and *Sharpness* give sharp criticals, which basically multiply the damage from the dice, but in a much more unpredictable way than brands or slays. The damage numbers shown on your character sheet account for sharp criticals.
2) Yes (and ?Acquirement results are not necessarily artifacts)
3) Magic resistance would reduce the damage, but magic resistance is incredibly rare (the vast majority of winning characters never find a magic resistance item). Reflection gives a 75% chance to reflect any incoming bolts, including mana bolts; you will take no damage from a reflected bolt. Remember, though, that that still leaves a 25% chance of the mana bolt getting through...

Level up a bit more and your character will have to survive much worse than mana bolts
__________________
The Complainer worries about the lack of activity here these days.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote