View Single Post
Old March 2, 2009, 21:24   #6
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
As for author/ maintainer of DaJAngband, a more accurate description would be 'hacker'. Definetly not an author, since there's no way I could write the program from scratch without spending at least a couple more years dedicated to learning the programming language.
Anyway, it's me.
I didn't keep track of when it was released, although I can fill that in with the next release. Available for source & windows, current released version is 1.0.96.

Here's a short useable description from the DaJAngband website:
Purpose is to add a little flavor and character to vanilla Angband. This is done mostly through redoing the monster list and adding a few new classes and races. Other changes are mainly to complement the changes in the monster list and new classes.
I haven't stuck strictly with this purpose. It is after all DaJAngband, not Addflavorband, so, like any variant maintainer would, I put in stuff I like (wieldable staves, interesting new spells and monsters, monster stealth..), and take/leave out stuff which I don't like (multiple dungeons, flavorless monster names/descriptions..).

EDIT: (a little mistake: wieldable staves aren't implemented yet in 1.0.96. It is in 1.0.97 which isn't released yet.)

Play DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home

Last edited by will_asher; March 2, 2009 at 22:00.
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote