View Single Post
Old December 8, 2007, 07:19   #4
aeneas
Adept

aeneas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by roustk View Post

Orome, =Dam+12, Free Action cesti give:
* Speed +9, 982 HP, 387 SP, 4 blows at 4d6+41, 0% fail (17% on Mana Storm).
I was thinking you wouldn't get 4 blows with this setup- since you do I think it is the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roustk View Post

As for sale items, Rilia and Sting look like keepers (Disenchant and Free Action swaps). The other weapons (Aeglin and Nar-i-vagil) don't seem to have much value. Paurhach is clearly gone, and Thengel is beaten by Holhenneth. Thingol is a keeper for now, only because of its free action. Hithlomir doesn't seem to have much value, but the other armors seem plausible (including the robe of Permanence, with RNexus). I like all the amulets, but the Sustenance one is replacable. Evenstar replaces RLL potions and Carlammas provides protection from evil (not that I have ever used it, and glyphs probably would replace it). The ring of damage is disposable (I saw +13 and +14 on the last trip, but couldn't bring them back). I can sell off my library and just town-scum if needed, which could buy me another 4 or 8 slots, depending on how aggressive I want to be.
Hmm- well, if you have the space, no harm in hanging onto stuff. But at clvl 50 the activation on Evenstar shouldn't be needed- I actually never carry RLL, though perhaps that is part of why I tend to hit 4000' at clvl ~35 a lot of the time . Nexus is not important to survival once your stats are maxed. Getting teleported off a level can be pretty annoying, but it's also pretty avoidable even without the resist once you are fast. Both Arvedui and the permanence are overkill, IMHO. And I can't imagine that you would use Rilia just for rDisen... Orome is just so much better. rPoison... well, it's unlikely but you might hang onto it for that.

I don't think you'll find Carlammas's activation all that useful at the depth/clvl you're at. OTOH the two points of Con could come in handy- I don't think you'll wear it again, but it is possible. Of course if you find the Necklace of the Dwarves you can safely pitch it.

Anyway, this character looks like a winner to me- just needs some more speed. Good luck .
aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote