View Single Post
Old July 1, 2019, 22:49   #5
Estie
Veteran

Estie is on a distinguished road
Very interesting. I went with the speedring and randart; no space for swap, I was already lugging a weapon for undead damage.

Heres my reasoning:

First off, neither pick is terrible; all combinations make for a workable @, the differences are small.

Secondly, note that the 4 int from the randart do not enable book 4 spells; even with it the fail rates are prohibitive, which rules out reliable haste self and thus locks in the speed ring.

So the choice is between randart and con. Now 600 hps dont really enable me to engage the top tier uniques like Vecna or Ungoliant, and the secondary tier ones like Gorlim or Kavlax I can do fine with 490 hps. So what 600 hps does is provide a safety net in case of some mishap. However, the greatest chance for a mishap comes from failing a spell or device; and there, 4 int go a long way in preventing that from happening. Dwarves are terrible spellcasters...

So yes, if I teleport into a room full of gravity hounds, I wish I had the con ring, but with the int ring, I might get off the detect monster spell or teleport other wand and hopefully not have to teleport in the first place.
Estie is offline   Reply With Quote