View Single Post
Old January 23, 2017, 03:01   #17
MITZE
Apprentice

MITZE is on a distinguished road
Post In The Interest Of Informed Decisions

Because I believe in informed decisions when one is planning out character builds, I decided to create a wizard-moded test character and experiment with the skillmaster. Here's what I found (EDIT: You'll need to highlight the text below, because of spoilers):

For melee weapon skills:
  • You get a STR increase at your first, third, sixth, and ninth point.
  • You get a DEX increase at your second and fifth points.
  • You get a INT decrease at your sixth and ninth points.
  • It only takes four points in any weapon melee skill to have master proficiency in that class of weapons. The fifth point gets you an additional quarter of a blow, +10 to-hit, and +7 to-damage.
For the 'Martial Arts' skill:
  • You get a DEX increase at your second and fifth points (cumulative with the normal melee DEX increase).
  • Your first point gives you an AC bonus like a monk and access to the unarmed techniques up through 'Eagle's Claw' (6d6).
  • Your second point increases the AC bonus and gives you access to the 'Circle Kick' (6d8) technique.
  • Your third point further increases the AC bonus and gives you access to the 'Iron Fist' (8d8) technique.
  • Your fourth point gives you mastery proficiency, further increases the AC bonus, and gives you access to the 'Flying Kick' (8d10) and 'Dragon Fist' (10d10) techniques.
  • Your fifth point further increases the AC bonus and gives you access to the 'Crushing Blow' (10d12) technique.
  • Note that the number of blows you get increases with the number of points invested.
To be continued . . .

I took nearly two years to win with a single character in PosChengband.

Last edited by MITZE; January 24, 2017 at 07:29. Reason: Spoilers!
MITZE is offline   Reply With Quote