View Single Post
Old December 2, 2017, 14:53   #21
Grotug
Knight

Grotug is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotug View Post

Question about Randarts. Last three games I won I played with the same randarts, and all three games I found an acid/slay evil <+2> extra attacks scythe. An insanely good weapon. Now, in all the many games I played Standarts I only found Aule or ToW a few times each. I'm pretty sure the scythe in the randart game was better than the two Standart weapons. Is it easier to find better artifacts in a randart game than standart? There is at least one artifact in the Standart set I've never even found.
Also, why do the stars and phials in randarts get better bonuses than the standard ones?

Okay, I'm on my 4th game with the same randarts (I can't seem to change the randarts on my games, but that's another issue), and I am finding the same powerful artifacts over and over: an armor that grants telepathy, holds life, and resist just about everything but Dis and Nexus and +5 WIS. Just found that Scythe, of slay evil and acid <+2> extra attacks again. A star of <+4> Speed, a bunch of stats <+3> rDis, hLife. And an artifact weaponmastery amulet that sustains wisdom as well, rNether, rDis, and pFire. Like, helllloooo. On my way to another easy win. If anyone is having trouble winning and wants a good Randart set, you may want to try this one out. It's only weakness is that it has no good rNexus artifacts. But I work around this by playing with Forced descent on so I can fight Sauron without rNexus. Tons of Wisdom bonuses in it, too, so I'd recommend a green book class. Last game I had 190 Wisdom as a HT/Warrior even though I was trying my hardest to get my DEX up.
Grotug is offline   Reply With Quote