View Single Post
Old December 13, 2018, 16:43   #20
Quirk
Swordsman

Quirk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HugoTheGreat2011 View Post
I encountered a really weird problem after escaping Morgoth's throne room with Morgoth still alive on the latest Sil-Q on Angband.Live. I made it to the Throne Room, took out two Sils, and took Morgoth's Crown with me out of the Throne Room with Morgoth still alive and he was literally no where in sight. For some reason unbeknownst to me, Morgoth didn't chase after me. I did try to go back to the Throne Room, and of course, I ended up in another 950ft floor (and also forgot to take the Crown with me), and again, Morgoth did not follow me and he's nowhere to be found. Am I missing something?! I have yet to see what happens when I ascend more.

Edit: To clarify Morgoth was still alive when all this happened
Just to clarify, you escaped carrying the crown? Nice. I'll look into it and try to figure out what happened and whether it's a new issue or has been around for a while.

A bug I have found is that code meant to make Morgoth sing the song of piercing on the ascent has been pointing to a spell spot that has been rearranged and is now hitting the new phantom dim code, so if you have heard whispering like a phantom is about, Morgoth is out there somewhere.

I'll also have a look at the stairs down at 950, I don't think you should be able to return to the throne room but generating a new 950 is also kind of unsatisfactory.

Last edited by Quirk; December 18, 2018 at 03:44. Reason: Unfairly blamed original Sil - having double checked this bug is all on me.
Quirk is offline   Reply With Quote