Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > v4

Old January 27, 2012, 18:11   #1
Old Coach
Apprentice

Old Coach is on a distinguished road
Artifact Generation Rate

The artifact generation rate seems to be much slower (better in my mind) than in previous versions. I am at DL 60 and have only picked up 6 artifacts, three of which I am using (light, cloak, hammer).

Has this been fixed? Or am I just unlucky (lucky)?
Old Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2012, 11:41   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Coach View Post
The artifact generation rate seems to be much slower (better in my mind) than in previous versions. I am at DL 60 and have only picked up 6 artifacts, three of which I am using (light, cloak, hammer).

Has this been fixed? Or am I just unlucky (lucky)?
This is intentional. Artifacts in v4 were originally too rare (overcompensation when trying to tone down the huge numbers dropping in 3.3.x) and then too common (when that was readjusted). They've been toned back down again, but not as far as before. They're now about 2-3x less common than in V3.3.x, so your numbers don't seem too far out.
Old January 29, 2012, 03:45   #3
Old Coach
Apprentice

Old Coach is on a distinguished road
having said that, I have now gone another 10 levels to DL 67 or so. I have found electric , fire, and cold IM artifact weapons, Ringil, the Great Hammer of Aule, and a few others. This is just one run through, but in this case it seems like it might be too hard to pick up some of the common "lesser" artifacts, and too easy to pick up some of the bombs. I still have only seen one artifact dagger, never found the vial, but did find one light source at about DL 45, and haven't seen any of the medium level weapons, gloves, shields, or helms. Yet, somehow I have found nearly all of the best weapons available.
Old Coach is offline   Reply With Quote