Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old April 8, 2021, 05:51   #31
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
You didn't deliberately change it, but you did in fact change it. In fact you accidentally changed a whole bunch of files no doubt, take a look at the file list in this commit:

https://github.com/will2asher/Rubber...5ab654b8bf0c2e

As far as I can see you've:

downloaded a copy of angband
Nick has updated dungeon_profile.txt
you've uploaded the older version of dungeon_profile.txt
So is there an easy way to get the changes Nick made added to my fork? or do I have to do it manually from the diff?
EDIT: Well, I guess I can just download the newer dungeon_profile.txt. I'll try that.

For that matter, how did my fork get the changes Nick made (that require an updated dungeon_profile.txt) without getting the updated dungeon_profile.txt?

Also, how do you make a diff like that between two files on github?

EDIT: It runs now, yay!
thanks for your help

EDIT2/PS: Is old_class.txt still used/needed?

My old variant DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Last edited by will_asher; April 8, 2021 at 06:55.
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2021, 06:25   #32
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by will_asher View Post
For that matter, how did my fork get the changes Nick made (that require an updated dungeon_profile.txt) without getting the updated dungeon_profile.txt?
thanks for your help
So while its hard for me to tell exactly what went wrong, when I look at the last commit to dungeon_profile.txt in angband-master and compare it to your commit on ruberband, I can see that you accidentally reversed Nick's changes. This suggests to me that the version you are working with on your PC is older then the version you forked on github. Either its an older copy of angband-master or its a copy of angband 4.2-release.

As to how Nick's changes got there, you forked angband-master on github a month ago and the changes have been in master for 4 months.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2021, 07:20   #33
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Huh. I thought I had cloned the angband-master when I made a fork on github. I guess not. Is there a relatively easy way to get Nick's changes into the code on my computer?

EDIT/PS: I'm currently playing my pre-alpha build, and it's acting like there's a movement delay even though I made sure movement delay and base delay factor were set to zero. Can anyone guess why that is?

Also, will it break anything if I increase the backpack slots in constants.txt by 1? (I'm guessing it'll likely break savefiles, so I'll finish my current game before I try it.)

http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home (defunct and so old it's forked from Angband 3.1.0 -I think- but it's probably playable...)

Last edited by will_asher; April 8, 2021 at 10:33.
Old April 8, 2021, 16:54   #34
backwardsEric
Adept

backwardsEric is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Also, will it break anything if I increase the backpack slots in constants.txt by 1? (I'm guessing it'll likely break savefiles, so I'll finish my current game before I try it.)
Besides the save file (loading one generated with a larger pack limit should be okay, but the load code isn't set up to explicitly handle the pack overflow that could happen), there's how the pack is presented in the user interface: the current limit is one less than the minimum expected height for the main window, 24 rows. With the main window at the minimum height and a full pack of 24 items, displaying the inventory won't show the last item in the pack.
backwardsEric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8, 2021, 17:58   #35
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwardsEric View Post
Besides the save file (loading one generated with a larger pack limit should be okay, but the load code isn't set up to explicitly handle the pack overflow that could happen), there's how the pack is presented in the user interface: the current limit is one less than the minimum expected height for the main window, 24 rows. With the main window at the minimum height and a full pack of 24 items, displaying the inventory won't show the last item in the pack.
I could just increment the minimum height of the main window to match.

Old April 9, 2021, 23:40   #36
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

the explanation at the top of p_race says:
# 'values' is for object modifiers which take a value that races possess
# innately.
But the code only reads "RES_" values, so if you want to make a player race with innate extra speed, you have to do it another way. ppfffflt.

Anyway, I've been busy on Rubberband development. I'll probably make a release sometime soon. currently in the process of adding a couple new player races.

Old April 10, 2021, 01:13   #37
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
the explanation at the top of p_race says:
# 'values' is for object modifiers which take a value that races possess
# innately.
But the code only reads "RES_" values, so if you want to make a player race with innate extra speed, you have to do it another way. ppfffflt.
If you wanted to do this, you could mimic the way the code does it for shapes - add a modifiers entry to struct player_race, parse as in parse_shape_values(), copy the way calc_shapechange() handles modifiers into calc_bonuses(), probably add something in ui-entry.c for character sheet display. Or you could add it as another skill, like searching and digging.
Old April 10, 2021, 02:39   #38
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
If you wanted to do this, you could mimic the way the code does it for shapes - add a modifiers entry to struct player_race, parse as in parse_shape_values(), copy the way calc_shapechange() handles modifiers into calc_bonuses(), probably add something in ui-entry.c for character sheet display. Or you could add it as another skill, like searching and digging.
I already made a new player flag for it...

Old April 10, 2021, 04:03   #39
Nick
Vanilla maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I already made a new player flag for it...
Right, that would also work.
Old April 10, 2021, 17:54   #40
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

I want to add that changing some things, like adding new types monster spells, seems a lot more complicated now (at least for someone like me who isn't fluent in C) than it used to be before more things were put in the gamedata txt files.

EDIT: Also, I'm having a really hard time figuring out how to make pCONF a partial resist instead of completely immunity (only against CHAOS and a stronger confusion effect, won't be partial against the normal CONF spell or attack).

Last edited by will_asher; April 10, 2021 at 19:42.