|May 8, 2009, 19:29||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Problem with VC++ compile of latest Vanilla build
I came across a similar problem before, but this time I'm working with a clean copy of the Vanilla Angband code.
Basically I get linker errors from the 'util.c' in 'player' unless I rename that file. I have checked that the problem is repeatable.
1>birth.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _modify_stat_value referenced in function _get_stats 1>calcs.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _modify_stat_value
1. Remove 'util.c' from the Player filter in the VC++ solution.
2. Rename 'util.c' to 'p-util.c' in the player subdirectory.
3. Add 'p-util.c' to the Player filter in the VC++ solution.
Now compiles without error.
If you reverse the process then the errors reappear.
1. Remove 'p-util.c' from the Player filter in the VC++ solution.
2. Rename 'p-util.c' to 'util.c' in the player subdirectory.
3. Add 'util.c' to the Player filter in the VC++ solution.
Compile error generated as above.)
I would suggest that a "p-" isn't really that big a thing.
Currently turning (Angband) Japanese.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Compile error - latest Vanilla Angband SVN||PaulBlay||Development||3||April 19, 2009 21:20|
|Bugs in angband-r1341 (nightly build)||Mondkalb||Vanilla||1||April 12, 2009 15:10|
|Where to get latest 309e(ef) source?||awldune||Vanilla||1||October 17, 2008 18:04|
|Thoughts on the latest version||Conker||Vanilla||0||October 11, 2008 00:04|
|[ToME] Notes on a thaumaturgist build||Therem Harth||AAR||0||January 19, 2008 22:08|