|September 4, 2010, 12:01||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2010
Iso-Funband - My try in variant making
Iso-Funband is my try to create a variant which is more forgiving and suitable for new players. I hope that eventually I can adjust the whole set of levels, but I started with the early levels, these are the most important for the beginners anyways. In the long run, I want to adjust the late game, so that monsters which are usually just avoided, or levels which are skipped, become a more interesting part of the game - or be left away altogether, if they can't be integrated better. At the moment, below level 15, it's just Angband 2.9.3 with a bit higher monster density (so rather harder than easier I guess ...)
Also, it features the latest incarnation of my isometric display frontend, and I have tried to tailor the Angband core a bit to work better with it. (Screens are not quite up to date, but very close to the release).
- Less OOD monsters on early levels.
- Room shapes slightly adjusted to work better with the iso view.
- Third page for shops and home.
- Moved all early artifacts but phial up one level.
- Moved level 10 artifacts to level 8 and level 15 to level 14.
- Entering home will restore max HP.
- Added "of vita" ego armor with +1 CON .
- Raised default no. of monsters per level from 14 to 20.
- Lowered HP of some of the early monsters.
- Mushroom patches now have a 30% chance to drop edible mushrooms.
- Hobbits now also have a 30% chance to drop mushrooms.
- Since edible mushrooms had to be level 1 to be dropped from level one monster mushrooms, they were dropped frequently by monsters on the early levels as well.
-> Made them more rare (rarity 5)
-> Moved up some level 3 items to level 1, to have more drop options on level 1
-> Added hard biscuits as possible level 1 drop. I see no reason why some of the monsters wouldn't have such.
-> Items had a base chance of level+10% before to become good, now they have level+15% - this evens out at higher levels, and is generally capped at 75%.
- Added ego lights,
-> of Brightness, +1 light rad
-> of Sight, see invisible
-> of Bright Sight, +1 light rad, see invisible, up to +5 to hit.
- Light sources have 10% chance to become ego lights.
- Code for 9 part walls reactivated.
- Lightable features, doors, stairs.
For Windows users, there is a precompiled executable included. Also two starting batch files, "start_small.bat" and "start_large.bat" which choose a smaller or larger font, and therefore start with a smaller or larger window.
Sources and images are included as well. I think it should compile for Linux, too, but I had no chance to test that yet (See http://www.funkelwerk.de/forum/index.php?topic=380.0 for help with compiling).
Ideas to inspect
- Paralyze weaker, remove stacking?
- Item prize calculations?
- Themed stairs?
I'll try to pick up more ideas forums, also in regard to monsters, randarts and artifacts. In addition I will see if I can back-port some of features from Angband 3.1.2v2 into my codebase.
I have a project problem? I have no project problem. I start a project, I work on it, it fails. No problem
Last edited by Hajo; September 4, 2010 at 12:18.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Reviving Iso-Angband, an isometric view addon for Angband||Hajo||Development||111||August 3, 2014 19:44|
|YASD in the making||PowerDiver||AAR||10||July 6, 2010 07:21|
|How many variant developers/maintainers have beaten their own variant?||Delver||Variants||12||June 5, 2009 09:08|
|Variant writing.. quickstart guide? Also, Hengband variant suggestions?||dzhang||Variants||34||April 1, 2009 00:45|
|making a semi-variant (more talk about modifying the /edit .txt files)||will_asher||Variants||20||December 2, 2007 10:38|