Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 22, 2011, 06:16   #1
Chud
Adept

Chud is on a distinguished road
3.3.1 keymap bug?

I'm not sure if this is a bug; perhaps I'm trying to define something I shouldn't... :-) However, when I try to define a keymap for the keypad "-" key, it doesn't seem to work correctly.

I define the keymap, which the system shows as going with {K}- and give it the meaning "m4a" (no quotes of course).

When I use it, it should ask me for targeting information, but instead my frost ball fires immediately, always to the lower left -- the "1" direction.

A similar keymap defined for "-" on the main keyboard works as expected.

This is for the newly released 3.3.1, and also the previous release candidate 7262006, on Windows 7.
Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2011, 07:39   #2
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chud View Post
I'm not sure if this is a bug; perhaps I'm trying to define something I shouldn't... :-) However, when I try to define a keymap for the keypad "-" key, it doesn't seem to work correctly.

I define the keymap, which the system shows as going with {K}- and give it the meaning "m4a" (no quotes of course).

When I use it, it should ask me for targeting information, but instead my frost ball fires immediately, always to the lower left -- the "1" direction.

A similar keymap defined for "-" on the main keyboard works as expected.

This is for the newly released 3.3.1, and also the previous release candidate 7262006, on Windows 7.
I suspect this is a bug, and I suspect it's present in 3.3.0 too. I will see if I can reproduce it on Linux.
Old September 26, 2011, 13:44   #3
PowerWyrm
Knight

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
The problem with the keypad under Windows has not been fixed in 3.3.1 (keys '/', '*', '-', '+' and '.' produce double input when pressed). So don't assign keymaps to these keys...
Old September 26, 2011, 14:24   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
The problem with the keypad under Windows has not been fixed in 3.3.1 (keys '/', '*', '-', '+' and '.' produce double input when pressed). So don't assign keymaps to these keys...
Ah, thank you. This is already logged as #1494, so it's on the radar for fixing in 3.4 ...
Old September 26, 2011, 20:56   #5
ewan
Adept

ewan is on a distinguished road
I am guessing that this is the same bug (?) but: starting up the latest comp, it appears that directional movement using numbers is borked: e.g. hitting '1' once does nothing, but then hitting it again brings up 'Direction or <click>?'

Is it possible to get this fixed for the comp, or is that unlikely?
ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2011, 00:19   #6
Nick
FAangband maintainer

Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
I am guessing that this is the same bug (?) but: starting up the latest comp, it appears that directional movement using numbers is borked: e.g. hitting '1' once does nothing, but then hitting it again brings up 'Direction or <click>?'

Is it possible to get this fixed for the comp, or is that unlikely?
I think this is the movement delay issue seen in the comp thread - to fix it, go into options and set movement delay to 0.
Old September 27, 2011, 04:13   #7
ewan
Adept

ewan is on a distinguished road
Confirmed. Thanks, Nick.
ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2011, 11:43   #8
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
Confirmed. Thanks, Nick.
Please note that the problem described by PowerWyrm (recorded as ticket #1494) is still extant. According to Blubaron, it is almost impossible to fix, because different keyboards behave differently on different Windows machines. I will release a 3.3.2 RC which 'works' for all the Windows machines we are able to test, and we'll see what happens.