Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old September 28, 2011, 13:03   #1
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Angband 3.3.2 - anything else to fix?

Thanks to the infuriating regression bug in 3.3.1, I'll be releasing an RC of 3.3.2 in the next week or two. (In fact the regression bug is already fixed, but we're also going to try to fix the annoying NumPad problem on Windows.)

So, this is a call for any other irritating bugs or issues in 3.3.1 that you'd really like to see fixed in 3.3.2. I'm not talking about major issues like nerfing scumming or sorting out LOS - work is well underway on 3.4 (which won't fix those either). 3.3.2 will (I hope!) be the last in the 3.3 series, so it would be good to tidy up any minor irritations people have. I'm not guaranteeing that we'll be able to do that (some small problems require really complex fixing), but it would be good to know what bothers people about 3.3.1.
Old September 28, 2011, 13:45   #2
Gorbad
Apprentice

Gorbad is on a distinguished road
The 'invisible' walls issue in Vista. I think there were already some posters that had solutions for them, but a solution that works straight from the package will likely be appreciated.

(I Should probably try to avoid turning this thread into an Ubuntu PaperCuts like thread)
Gorbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 14:21   #3
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
I forget, are Ainur in 3.3 or are those still angels. If the Ainur are in, the knight templar really needs its name/description changed.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 15:10   #4
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
No, 3.3.1 still has angels. And "papercuts" is exactly the right definition of what I'm looking for. I'm not sure the invisible walls issue is fixable by one person in one day, but I will ask the devteam if someone can provide one that doesn't break on any other Windows version.

Keep them coming.
Old September 28, 2011, 15:44   #5
PowerWyrm
Knight

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Very minor thing... gold found in special rooms is described as "found in a vault". Trivial fix: replace ORIGIN_VAULT by ORIGIN_SPECIAL in vault_objects().
Old September 28, 2011, 17:17   #6
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Very minor thing... gold found in special rooms is described as "found in a vault". Trivial fix: replace ORIGIN_VAULT by ORIGIN_SPECIAL in vault_objects().
Won't this mean that items found in vaults are described as "found in a special room"? Or not?

Also, how do you ever see the origin of gold anyway, since it disappears when you pick it up??

EDIT: no, clearly not. Thanks for the catch.

Last edited by Magnate; September 28, 2011 at 20:58.
Magnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 18:00   #7
PowerDiver
Prophet

PowerDiver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Thanks to the infuriating regression bug in 3.3.1, I'll be releasing an RC of 3.3.2 in the next week or two. (In fact the regression bug is already fixed, but we're also going to try to fix the annoying NumPad problem on Windows.)

So, this is a call for any other irritating bugs or issues in 3.3.1 that you'd really like to see fixed in 3.3.2. I'm not talking about major issues like nerfing scumming or sorting out LOS - work is well underway on 3.4 (which won't fix those either). 3.3.2 will (I hope!) be the last in the 3.3 series, so it would be good to tidy up any minor irritations people have. I'm not guaranteeing that we'll be able to do that (some small problems require really complex fixing), but it would be good to know what bothers people about 3.3.1.
I provided a patch maybe back in May, a long time ago anyway, that fixed noticing a brand on wield into quiver, and had a correct definition of {good}, and cleaned up a lot of code, and correct ego ID. More improvements I cannot remember any more, and Takkaria gave the patch thumbs up. If you are ever going to use it, you should do it now. Every change will make it harder to incorporate.
PowerDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 18:33   #8
Bill Peterson
Apprentice

Bill Peterson is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bill Peterson
I've experienced a minor problem with the map window. As I move through the dungeon additional images of the PC are deposited onto the map image. Makes it a little confusing locating myself in the dungeon. This happens with the Bolt, Gervais and Nomad tiles, but not with the old tiles or text interface.

I'm running the 3.3.0 binary downloaded from here on Win7. Everything else regarding the graphics looks fine.

P.S. I just downloaded angband-win-3.3RC-197197f version and the problem's still there. I don't see any more recent version.

Last edited by Bill Peterson; September 28, 2011 at 18:48.
Bill Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 19:59   #9
Chud
Adept

Chud is on a distinguished road
I've noticed a minor order-of-messages quirk when something dies amid other messages. For example:

You hit the Black Harpy.
Your hands stop glowing.
You hit the Black Harpy.
You have slain the Black Harpy.
The Black Harpy looks confused.

Chud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28, 2011, 20:08   #10
d_m
Angband Devteam member

d_m is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerDiver View Post
I provided a patch maybe back in May, a long time ago anyway, that fixed noticing a brand on wield into quiver, and had a correct definition of {good}, and cleaned up a lot of code, and correct ego ID. More improvements I cannot remember any more, and Takkaria gave the patch thumbs up. If you are ever going to use it, you should do it now. Every change will make it harder to incorporate.
Sorry, either I lost this patch or I didn't see it. If you can find it would you mind linking it here, or emailing it to d_m AT plastic-idolatry DOT com? Hopefully the relevant code hasn't mutated too much since then.