Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old November 23, 2011, 21:43   #71
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockbolt View Post
ok, so you're the example that proves me wrong But what if each member of that group has his/her's own ideas and visions for Angband, can you picture the struggle in every direction?
I still say, "millions" of functional companies out there can't be wrong, using a top boss -> floor guy structure to get things done?
Hmmm. Are you sure about that? Today I learned that the richest 400 individuals in the USA have the same net worth as the poorest 125 ... million. I'd say that's pretty wrong, and that's largely the result of functional companies having a top boss -> floor guy structure.

[exits pinko commie digression, back on topic]

Like I said earlier, I argued in favour of a new maintainer - but since nobody wanted to do it, I was happy to try the consensus approach. We don't seem to have any wildly differing visions so far.
Old November 23, 2011, 22:01   #72
Shockbolt
Knight

Shockbolt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shockbolt Send a message via Skype™ to Shockbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Hmmm. Are you sure about that? Today I learned that the richest 400 individuals in the USA have the same net worth as the poorest 125 ... million. I'd say that's pretty wrong, and that's largely the result of functional companies having a top boss -> floor guy structure.

[exits pinko commie digression, back on topic]

Like I said earlier, I argued in favour of a new maintainer - but since nobody wanted to do it, I was happy to try the consensus approach. We don't seem to have any wildly differing visions so far.
I'm also ending this "discussion" on my end here, I'm not really sure why I even started it, must have been a pinch of frustration or something
Old November 24, 2011, 02:35   #73
getter77
Adept

getter77 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to getter77 Send a message via MSN to getter77 Send a message via Yahoo to getter77
What about soliciting for people whom the goal is to play through the various variants and full blown offshoots(Portralis post and just-pre massive rewrite, ToME stuff, Peleron's Brilliant Rebirth, etc) as a means to discover nifty ideas and implementations that are already out there but have perhaps gone forgotten/lost the spotlight for the betterment of Angband at the core? Some "Research" folks as it were aiming to enjoy/audit as they go....perhaps in the form of a contest or some such?

I don't necessarily see the Angband woes as a case of too many chefs in the kitchen so much as perhaps it being past time to take stock of the ingredients on hand and ransack the cupboards and adjoining rooms as some of the forgotten and "old" stuff still stands to be good to further enrich the stock after reducing them down.
getter77 is offline   Reply With Quote