Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Variants

Old April 16, 2012, 15:55   #1
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Have you released a variant recently?

Hey, I'm going to do my best to update the news with all the variants that have been released since 2012. I have a (partial?) list gained by trawling through this forum that includes the following.

Sil 1.0.1 Jan 17, 2012 / Sil 1.0.2 Feb 20, 2012
NPPAngband 0.5.4 Mar 18, 2012
DaJAngband 1.3.5 Apr 12, 2012
FAAngband 1.2.9 Apr 14, 2012
Antoine's minimal band (or is this still in alpha stage?)

If you have released something but are not on this list, please let me know. Also, if you want me to say something particular about your game, you can either post here or pm me. Otherwise, I'll craft something simple from your release thread. I'm probably going to put all the backlogged releases into one post on the news, this way I don't push off someone's release immediately!

After this, I'll try to update releases as they come out, at least until someone with more free time, and a better grasp of marketing, decides they want to do it. Any day now, I'm sure.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 16:36   #2
half
Knight

half is on a distinguished road
Sil 1.0, 4 Jan 2012.
half is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2012, 17:09   #3
Scatha
Swordsman

Scatha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by half View Post
Sil 1.0, 4 Jan 2012.
The 3rd! (Tolkien's birthday)
Scatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 12:53   #4
PowerWyrm
Knight

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
PWMAngband 1.1.8 maintenance patches have been released since the original release (http://angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?t=5132). The last patch is PWMAngband 1.1.8 build 10, released 20 Feb 2012.
Old April 17, 2012, 15:46   #5
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Thanks. I'll give a couple more days for any other missed releases to come forward.

If you've released a variant, expect a pm with a blurb that I've written for the game, hopefully by the weekend. This is mainly because I don't want to say something false about a variant, or miss something critical. The descriptions will be short, a couple of sentences each, with appropriate links. I'll be pulling the information from the release threads and websites. Probably something like 1 sentence to describe the variant, 1 sentence to describe improvements and what's new, and maybe one more to direct users to appropriate links. New releases might get 2-3 sentence descriptions in lieu of the "what's new" sentence. If you don't like with what I've written about your variant, let me know and I'll change it accordingly.

Of course if you have your own preferred blurb, you can pm me that, and I'll use it, provided it's not overly long.

After that I'll put up a post with all the recent variants on the news. In the future, we'll try to get the news posts up shortly after releases.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17, 2012, 16:26   #6
will_asher
DaJAngband Maintainer

Donated: $10
will_asher is on a distinguished road
yay for fizzix, steppin up!

Play DaJAngband:
http://sites.google.com/site/dajangbandwebsite/home
will_asher is offline   Reply With Quote