Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Sil

Old May 4, 2012, 18:05   #141
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

HallucinationMushroom is on a distinguished road
Oh okay, so there is basically negligible critical difference between the two. The only real difference is that a one-handed spear will get +2 from 2lb and +1 from 1.9 lb, and the same +1 when two-handed. That helps clear up the issue for me.
thanks!

So, if I were going one-handed spear, it would be better to wield the 2lb weapon since I would need to roll the same score to critical anyway at least up until the 10th critical, which I won't ever achieve anyway!
9x10=90
8.9x10=89
Old May 4, 2012, 18:34   #142
Scatha
Swordsman

Scatha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HallucinationMushroom View Post
Oh okay, so there is basically negligible critical difference between the two. The only real difference is that a one-handed spear will get +2 from 2lb and +1 from 1.9 lb, and the same +1 when two-handed. That helps clear up the issue for me.
thanks!

So, if I were going one-handed spear, it would be better to wield the 2lb weapon since I would need to roll the same score to critical anyway at least up until the 10th critical, which I won't ever achieve anyway!
9x10=90
8.9x10=89
This is almost right. There's a pretty negligible difference, but it shows up on the 6th critical (53.4 is rounded to 53) rather than the 10th.
Scatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 19:13   #143
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

Ah! Fair enough.
Old May 5, 2012, 19:55   #144
WaveMotion
Apprentice

WaveMotion is on a distinguished road
My character had a status effect called "weak" that was reducing his strength by one. It didn't seem like a stat drain thing, since the strength number just decreased instead of turning yellow. How did I get it, and did it just go away with time?
WaveMotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 19:56   #145
ekolis
Knight

ekolis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to ekolis Send a message via MSN to ekolis Send a message via Yahoo to ekolis Send a message via Skype™ to ekolis
Isn't "weak" one of the hunger states? Try eating some food and see if it goes away!
ekolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 21:02   #146
HugoTheGreat2011
Swordsman

HugoTheGreat2011 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveMotion View Post
My character had a status effect called "weak" that was reducing his strength by one. It didn't seem like a stat drain thing, since the strength number just decreased instead of turning yellow. How did I get it, and did it just go away with time?
Getting 'weak' decreases STR by 1. This doesn't go away with time, unless you eat some food.
HugoTheGreat2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 22:44   #147
WaveMotion
Apprentice

Oh, I had no idea 'weak' was a hunger state. I eventually hit Starving, so I popped a lembas and was fine.
Old May 8, 2012, 17:12   #148
HallucinationMushroom
Knight

I just wanted to put a question out there... have you considered adding flavors, or additional flavors, to weapons and armor? Perhaps runes? Once I identify an item of a particular type, like slay orc, every instance of a weapon of slay orc auto-identifies from then on. It's an awesome feature, but leads me to believe that there is some sort of flavor my character can see to allow them to make this distinction, that I cannot. The only gameplay instance I recall that this could be helpful would be when I've got a string of special weapons in my inventory, and when one gets identified, perhaps I was holding three items of the same type. My character probably realized they were a set of three, but I had no way to tell. Anyway, maybe this would muddy up the nice minimal effect Sil has going for it. But, maybe a rune or string of runes on weapons and armor would look neat and maybe be in theme? Or maybe just a way to manually inscribe special weapon attributes that link to the attribute and not the weapon-type. The game asks me if I want to inscribe all longswords a particular way, and not whatever attribute I think makes it a weapon of slay orc. Just a random thought I thought I'd throw into the ether.
Old May 11, 2012, 04:38   #149
Jungle_Boy
Swordsman

Jungle_Boy is on a distinguished road
I've had a couple characters now who have been blocked by rubble from the forge on the second level I visit. That seems a little early to require a character to have found a digger, is there perhaps anyway to stop that from happening? Maybe make rubble not show up til 150'?
Old May 21, 2012, 09:33   #150
WaveMotion
Apprentice

Hey guys, still having fun with this game—haven't played any other since I found it a couple of months ago.

I find myself occasionally annoyed by Mewlips' map-amnesia effect, which I believe to be an interface problem. A similar effect was removed from Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup because it made it optimal to take screenshots of the level in order to negate the in-game effect. Although I wouldn't suggest that Sil devs should do something just because Crawl did it, the same argument applies equally well for both games, since it's simple for me to take a screenshot of the level whenever I encounter an amnesia-causing creature. Removal of the amnesia effect would improve Sil's interface, and I don't think the game would suffer much from the loss of a feature. Mewlips are more interesting for their fear effect anyway. Thoughts?