AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 3, 2012, 16:42   #51
jujuben
Apprentice

jujuben is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin View Post
This bug should be fixed in the next nightly builds. If you can, please verify that the game no longer crashes for you here.
Hrm.. not sure if rephial isn't updating the RC, or if the bug is still there, but I just downloaded the latest from the nightlies page, and nothing changed.
Old June 3, 2012, 17:11   #52
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuben View Post
Hrm.. not sure if rephial isn't updating the RC, or if the bug is still there, but I just downloaded the latest from the nightlies page, and nothing changed.
Can you press shift-v in game and tell us the version string?

Thanks.
Old June 3, 2012, 19:16   #53
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The latest from the nightlies page is indeed not the latest. We'll look into it. In the mean time, could you try out this disk image, which should include the fix?
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3, 2012, 21:03   #54
jujuben
Apprentice

Seems to work now. I get ? - unknown symbol. Thanks.

Now that I've got a version that doesn't crash when I get distracted, downwards I go...
Old June 4, 2012, 02:42   #55
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Seems to work now. I get ? - unknown symbol. Thanks.

Now that I've got a version that doesn't crash when I get distracted, downwards I go...
Excellent. Thanks for the bug report! Let us know if you find anything else. (The One Ring counts as anything else.)
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2012, 12:50   #56
PowerWyrm
Knight

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg122 View Post
Not sure if anybody else is having this same problem, but when trying to use Shockbolt's tiles on my Windows XP system, I frequently get an error message upon starting up the game that says it cannot read the 64x64 png file. When I restart my computer, it works again, but always happens again at some point after exiting the game and then starting it up again. I haven't been able to figure out what circumstances this happens under, but I can say that it always seems to work fine the first time after restarting my computer. Also, I haven't experienced this problem on my laptop which has Windows 7... so far the issue has only occurred on Windows XP.
I have the same problem with both 32x32 and 64x64 tilesets. It seems that both tilesets have color glitches which are detected in the ReadDIB2_PNG() function (readpng.c) when SetDIBits() returns -1 and in this case the function fails to load the tileset. To fix that, I have recompiled the source code so that when SetDIBits() returns -1 for one line, the previous line is used instead and the function doesn't fail.
Old June 5, 2012, 17:02   #57
jujuben
Apprentice

Played a few times, leaving a string of corpses through the dungeon, none of them particularly deep yet. However, I don't seem to be generating any high scores. On the death screen I get the following: "Failed to create lock for scorefile, not writing."
Old June 5, 2012, 18:36   #58
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Played a few times, leaving a string of corpses through the dungeon, none of them particularly deep yet. However, I don't seem to be generating any high scores. On the death screen I get the following: "Failed to create lock for scorefile, not writing."
Ah, I think this is because we've moved the default savefile location for OSX ... myshkin?
Old June 6, 2012, 16:49   #59
jujuben
Apprentice

Another minor bug - visual only, no gameplay effect. Screen center on, running, and hitting a trap gives 2 @s until the trap effect message clears.
Old June 6, 2012, 17:30   #60
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Quote:
Another minor bug - visual only, no gameplay effect. Screen center on, running, and hitting a trap gives 2 @s until the trap effect message clears.
A much-loved and ancient bug - ticket #362.