AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 7, 2012, 01:48   #61
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuben View Post
Played a few times, leaving a string of corpses through the dungeon, none of them particularly deep yet. However, I don't seem to be generating any high scores. On the death screen I get the following: "Failed to create lock for scorefile, not writing."
I can reproduce this, and should be able to fix it soon. Workaround in the meantime: create the directory ~/Documents/Angband/apex. (The game should ensure it's created if it doesn't exist.)
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2012, 11:33   #62
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin View Post
I can reproduce this, and should be able to fix it soon. Workaround in the meantime: create the directory ~/Documents/Angband/apex. (The game should ensure it's created if it doesn't exist.)
Any idea why this isn't happening? I wrote create_needed_dirs() precisely to take care of this situation. Maybe I didn't understand which globals are set under OSX and it's not called? Or it is called and it's not working properly?
Old June 12, 2012, 10:14   #63
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Any idea why this isn't happening? I wrote create_needed_dirs() precisely to take care of this situation. Maybe I didn't understand which globals are set under OSX and it's not called? Or it is called and it's not working properly?
The Carbon port called create_needed_dirs(), but not the Cocoa port. I've created ticket #1660 for this issue, and closed it. jujuben, you should see working behavior in the next nightly.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2012, 01:01   #64
jujuben
Apprentice

jujuben is on a distinguished road
Here's another one, this time with fuzzy detection. Mimics that spawn after quaffing !Enlightenment show up as red unknown objects.

Haven't run a rogue yet, so I'm not sure if this is just !Enlight, or universal with the current detection system.
Old June 14, 2012, 13:22   #65
PowerWyrm
Knight

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuben View Post
Mimics that spawn after quaffing !Enlightenment show up as red unknown objects.
Mimics are supposed to be objects until you discover them no? Or do you mean they appear as red asterisks when you are in LOS?
Old June 14, 2012, 13:31   #66
Timo Pietilä
Prophet

Timo Pietilä is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Mimics are supposed to be objects until you discover them no? Or do you mean they appear as red asterisks when you are in LOS?
Potions of enlightement show actual items and not red asterisk. Spells that detect objects show asterisks. If I understood this right bug is that you get spell effect with potion for mimics.
Timo Pietilä is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2012, 15:30   #67
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo Pietilä View Post
Potions of enlightement show actual items and not red asterisk. Spells that detect objects show asterisks. If I understood this right bug is that you get spell effect with potion for mimics.
If this is the case, I think it's working as desired. Here's how I *think* the game should behave.

Mimics should show up when you detect object (either real or fuzzy). Money mimics should show up as orange asterisks. Object mimics should show up as red asterisks. New red or orange asterisks should only show up after a new detection is cast. So if a mimic has spawned and you cast it again, you see an object, you know it's a mimic. This is a bit unfortunate, but there's no way around it besides either randomly spawning actual objects, or not allowing mimics to spawn. You should not have any asterisks appear except after a detection cast. And you should not have them disappear except when you've gotten them within LoS. If this is not what's occurring, then please let us know.

Unfortunately, Gabe hasn't been around lately, so I'm not sure how much time and effort we'll be able to put into complicated and slightly obscure mimic bugs, if there are any.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2012, 16:09   #68
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Sounds like the right solution would be to just not let new mimics spawn. Even if you haven't used Enlightenment, if they spawn somewhere you've been before a player with good memory will know that something's amiss.
Derakon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2012, 16:25   #69
fizzix
Prophet

fizzix is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derakon View Post
Sounds like the right solution would be to just not let new mimics spawn. Even if you haven't used Enlightenment, if they spawn somewhere you've been before a player with good memory will know that something's amiss.
So? That seems ok to me. Regardless, I can look at what that change would require this weekend anyway. If it's trivial, I might try to implement it. I think it's already true that mimics can't be summoned, so if it is, I can yank it from that area of the code.
fizzix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2012, 18:11   #70
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

Malak Darkhunter is on a distinguished road
Has gain 1 one loose 1 stat potions been nerfed? Im on dl25 of comp123 and havent found the first one. Also scrolls of aquirement seem more prevalent found 2 in the dungeon by dl20 and bought 1 for 15000 at the store.