Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutVariantsLadderForumCompetitionComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Vanilla

Old June 19, 2012, 22:07   #91
Derakon
Prophet

Derakon is on a distinguished road
Amusing. Recharge time and lantern fuel turns use the same attribute to track turns left. I note that -TreasureLocation has sval of 1, same as the Lantern; perhaps when the code checks for eligible refuelling targets, it's not checking the tval?

EDIT: whups, myshkin beat me to it.
Derakon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2012, 13:16   #92
PowerWyrm
Prophet

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Two problems I've found on the RC1 (Win32 client):
- trying to use the borg crashes with an assertion failure (it should probably just say that it's impossible without a proper borg file and do nothing)
- fonts are not released when closing the client (I thought that was fixed ages ago)
Old June 21, 2012, 13:47   #93
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Just a small one, not even sure it's a bug. "The aimless looking merchant misses you". Are they actually meant to attack you?

& a larger one, the program crashed (on Windows 7) after: you hit the purple mushroom patch. the purple mushroom patch dies. You feel less sickly.

Last edited by wobbly; June 21, 2012 at 14:08.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2012, 16:42   #94
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
& a larger one, the program crashed (on Windows 7) after: you hit the purple mushroom patch. the purple mushroom patch dies. You feel less sickly.
Do you have a savefile where we can reproduce this?
Old June 22, 2012, 03:04   #95
wobbly
Veteran

wobbly is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
Do you have a savefile where we can reproduce this?
Sorry no. Am unsure how I'd save it if the game crashes anyway. The only think I can think of is it drained me 1 turn before I leveled up & un-drained.
wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012, 04:45   #96
debo
Veteran

debo is on a distinguished road
After long months of playing only Sil, I finally cracked tonight and gave 3.4 a try. I'm on the Cocoa port, which is dead sexy. Great work here!!! Running a Kobold Ranger atm.

Something that is befuddling me -- I could have sworn that in 3.3.x on the standard controls (i.e. non-roguelike), I was able to hit shift+arrow key to run. I can't seem to do that anymore -- I have to use '.' instead.

Am I just remembering this wrong? And, sorry for the newb question, but is there a way to alter just this one keymapping so that I can hold shift+hit dir instead of typing '.' and then dir?
debo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012, 05:38   #97
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post
Something that is befuddling me -- I could have sworn that in 3.3.x on the standard controls (i.e. non-roguelike), I was able to hit shift+arrow key to run. I can't seem to do that anymore -- I have to use '.' instead.

Am I just remembering this wrong? And, sorry for the newb question, but is there a way to alter just this one keymapping so that I can hold shift+hit dir instead of typing '.' and then dir?
Shift+arrow key *should* let you run. I have done very little testing in the standard keyset, though. Thanks for the report.

For the time being, you can create the keymappings for yourself manually by pressing = and then m to enter the keymap editor. For each direction, press d to create a new keymap; press shift-arrow for the key; and then type in ".N$", where N is 2, 4, 6, or 8 depending on the direction. (Compare with the keypad arrows to figure out which number.) You can also edit the preferences file .../Angband.app/Contents/Resources/lib/pref/pref.prf if you choose.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012, 08:38   #98
Lantar
Rookie

Lantar is on a distinguished road
Sorry for my noobish question, but will there be a way to continue playing in ASCII mode on V3.4.?
I have became quite accustomed to this set of "graphics" which lets my imagination do the visual job, + an ugly window in my computer edge with ugly ASCII weirds things attracts MUUCCH less attention at my work place.
Lantar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012, 08:46   #99
myshkin
Angband Devteam member

myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by debo View Post

debo, how are you running diagonally? Also, are these the arrows on the numeric keypad or the arrows near the main part of the keyboard?
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22, 2012, 11:23   #100
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantar View Post
Sorry for my noobish question, but will there be a way to continue playing in ASCII mode on V3.4.?
I have became quite accustomed to this set of "graphics" which lets my imagination do the visual job, + an ugly window in my computer edge with ugly ASCII weirds things attracts MUUCCH less attention at my work place.
Isn't ASCII mode still the default? You just select the "none" option in the graphics menu, and it should default to ASCII.