Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Development

Old June 25, 2012, 01:10   #71
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
Updated once again. Only changes and additions to DAJ this time round. Enjoy.
Old June 25, 2012, 13:20   #72
PowerWyrm
Knight

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Would you be interested in merging the additions I've made to the UT32 tileset for my variant? It would save me the hassle of merging everything again on every update

Basically I've added some tiles for missiles (8 tiles on the third row), terrain features with lighting effect (runes, traps, rubble), some wilderness terrain features (one extra row at the end of the file) and missing monster tiles (one extra row at the end of the file) so that every monster in the game gets its own tile.
Old June 25, 2012, 13:39   #73
buzzkill
Prophet

I was actually thinking of this a few weeks back and then it slipped my mind. It must drive you nuts when I start shifting the original tiles around... it does me. I'll take a look at your link and your tiles and then probably get it done.
Old June 25, 2012, 14:13   #74
buzzkill
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Would you be interested in merging the additions I've made to the UT32 tileset for my variant? It would save me the hassle of merging everything again on every update
There is a 32x32 tileset, correct? All I could find is a 16x16. Could you provide a link to it.
Old June 25, 2012, 19:53   #75
PowerWyrm
Knight

Alright. I updated my current 32x32 tileset with the latest additions you made, so it should be easy for you to make a diff.

The file can be found here: http://sdrv.ms/MwjqUy
Old June 25, 2012, 21:06   #76
buzzkill
Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerWyrm View Post
Alright. I updated my current 32x32 tileset with the latest additions you made, so it should be easy for you to make a diff.
So, it's the two bottom rows and the 8 additional arrows types? I like some of the your new tiles (I need a few assassins for DAJ), and the new dragon colors.

Is your tileset relatively stable now? If so, if you point me to the graf-dvg.prf, I could keep that updated that as well. It will make things easier for you should I start shifting tiles around again.
Old June 26, 2012, 12:59   #77
PowerWyrm
Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzkill View Post
So, it's the two bottom rows and the 8 additional arrows types? I like some of the your new tiles (I need a few assassins for DAJ), and the new dragon colors.

Is your tileset relatively stable now? If so, if you point me to the graf-dvg.prf, I could keep that updated that as well. It will make things easier for you should I start shifting tiles around again.
My additions:
- 8 tiles on the third row for effects when shooting mithril/seeker bolts
- 2 tiles (0x96:0xAF + 0x96:0xB0) for the missing lit/dark permanent walls (this is a bug in the current Vanilla tileset -- they are mapped to 0x96:0xA2/0x96:0xA3 which are shop tiles)
- 1 row (0x9E) for terrain features with lighting (traps/runes... I don't understand why they don't have lighting in V) and extra terrain features (fountains, doors, mountains, crops...)
- 1 row (0x9F) for extra monsters (my variant has a Dragon race, so I needed a tile for baby/young/mature/ancient dragons and wyrms of all kinds)

My tileset should be stable now. Since I'm planning to make an update for my variant tonight, I'll post a link as soon as the update is done.
Old June 26, 2012, 21:27   #78
PowerWyrm
Knight

And here it goes: http://sdrv.ms/Mw2LCw

This is the full lib files for my variant (I've removed the previous link), so the 32x32 png file should be in /lib/xtra/graf and the graf-dvg.prf file should be in /lib/pref.
Old July 12, 2012, 02:50   #79
buzzkill
Prophet

I just posted another update. The latest version probably contains another few DAJ tiles but also, more notably, marks the inclusion of PWMAngband to UT32. Thanks to PowerWyrm for providing the new tiles and for generally making the adoption of PWMAngband as painless as possible. Coming soon... yet more DAJ tiles.

@ PowerWyrm: I've made no changes to your files, so there's no real need for you to grab this.
Old July 12, 2012, 03:04   #80
APWhite
Adept

APWhite is on a distinguished road
I agree completely. I know what it is like trying to maintain 3 or 4 separate entities. I hope the other systems are able to adapt. The tiles look really nice. It would suck if they got phased out due to some programmers 'enhancement.'
APWhite is offline   Reply With Quote