Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > v4

Old July 3, 2012, 04:09   #11
buzzkill
Prophet

Donated: $8
buzzkill is on a distinguished road
If DOS says it sucks, then you must be doing something right... or wrong... hmmm. Well you certainly must have done something to alter the game from the way in which it was once perceived to be by someone. Tread lightly.
Old July 3, 2012, 04:32   #12
Malak Darkhunter
Knight

Malak Darkhunter is on a distinguished road
I'm not looking at v4 as a playable game, and Dos shouldn't either, it is what it is and that is a testing ground for new ideas, so I respect it for what it is.

With that in mind, play at your own peril and frustration.

And Dos- I've made my complaints about the game, but that is because I think developers should get feedback on what people think, I don't outright abuse their ideas, If I get mad about something I go play something else for a while, but I eventualy come back anyway.

At least tell the developers what you don't like in development, without being Rageful about it, that would be more insightful at least.
Old July 3, 2012, 05:30   #13
Whelk
Adept

Whelk is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousHero View Post
(Am I the only one who thinks this joker should be banninated?)
Best way to deal with cases like dos350 is to ignore them - they feed on the attention their intentionally absurd behavior gets them.
Whelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2012, 13:30   #14
Magnate
Angband Devteam member

Magnate is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Magnate Send a message via Yahoo to Magnate Send a message via Skype™ to Magnate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malak Darkhunter View Post
I'm not looking at v4 as a playable game, and Dos shouldn't either, it is what it is and that is a testing ground for new ideas, so I respect it for what it is.

With that in mind, play at your own peril and frustration.

And Dos- I've made my complaints about the game, but that is because I think developers should get feedback on what people think, I don't outright abuse their ideas, If I get mad about something I go play something else for a while, but I eventualy come back anyway.

At least tell the developers what you don't like in development, without being Rageful about it, that would be more insightful at least.
Malak - JFTR - I am v grateful you are giving the 3.4RC another go with the new comp. I look forward to your further feedback. (Sorry about the version string - that's been troubling us for ages, as it's OS-specific.)

While anyone is welcome to try to persuade dos to be more constructive, I just wanted to reassure everyone that it isn't something that keeps devs awake at night. Other people's feedback continues to be very welcome and important, of course.

That said, it's true that work on v4 has slowed to a halt recently. With luck it will pick up once 3.4 is out.
Old July 3, 2012, 15:40   #15
Whelk
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnate View Post
While anyone is welcome to try to persuade dos to be more constructive, I just wanted to reassure everyone that it isn't something that keeps devs awake at night. Other people's feedback continues to be very welcome and important, of course.
The devs shouldn't have to. The other forum members are perfectly capable of handling the pointless/trolling posts (by ignoring them), but there are always those folks who just seem to lack the willpower to resist replying to them, encouraging the behavior.
Old July 4, 2012, 19:11   #16
AnonymousHero
Knight

AnonymousHero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whelk View Post
The devs shouldn't have to. The other forum members are perfectly capable of handling the pointless/trolling posts (by ignoring them), but there are always those folks who just seem to lack the willpower to resist replying to them, encouraging the behavior.
... which sounds somewhat self-contradictory given that you posted a reply to my post from several months ago. (But whatever, let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...)

It's just a shame that ignoring a poster (dos350) doesn't auto-ignore replies to their posts, but I guess it's too hard to implement a kill-file like functionality in these days of Web 2.0 forums and so on.
AnonymousHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2012, 02:51   #17
Whelk
Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousHero View Post
... which sounds somewhat self-contradictory given that you posted a reply to my post from several months ago. (But whatever, let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...)
Sorry, I didn't realize the quoted post was from so long ago, since the subject matter is still very much current in the thread (hence my tossing in my own take on the ongoing situation).
Old July 5, 2012, 19:36   #18
dos350
Swordsman

dos350 is on a distinguished road
here an idea for angband v5

a playable game, not a testing ground 4 bs

make 3.12.2v2 with all the features of 3.3.2 but not level feelings

angband is fixed forever the end

no need to abuse me!

Reality hits you -more-

S+++++++++++++++++++
dos350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6, 2012, 12:15   #19
PowerWyrm
Knight

PowerWyrm is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos350 View Post

no need to abuse me!
Just play 3.3.2 with the option "Don't show feelings" and you're set...
Old July 6, 2012, 12:40   #20
takkaria
Veteran

Donated: $40
takkaria is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos350 View Post

no need to abuse me!
If you keep on calling changes to the game 'BS' over and over again it's actually pretty insulting to the people who put in the work. Adding 'no rage' to the end of all your posts doesn't change that. Please STFU, learn to code and release your own damn version instead of posting the same BS all the time.

Thanks. Bye.