Angband.oook.cz
Angband.oook.cz
AboutDownloadVariantsLadderForumCompetitionSpoilersComicScreenshotsFunniesLinks

Go Back   Angband Forums > Angband > Competition

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 14, 2012, 07:37   #1
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 48
Posts: 4,218
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Competition 126

Competition 126 is now available from the competition page; it is a Hellband 0.8.7 Imp Warrior.

Note that comp 125 still has about a day to go.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14, 2012, 08:06   #2
myshkin
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 304
myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Competition 126 is now available from the competition page; it is a Hellband 0.8.7 Imp Warrior.
Please be aware that there are some known bugs in Hellband 0.8.7, some of which are fixed in Subversion. In particular, it is possible to get negative gold drops later in the game; breaths may or may not work as desired; taking off an item when your inventory is full makes the item disappear; and the quest monsters can occasionally get multiple moves on you regardless of your speed. See my chardump from 2010 for more details, and Google Code for the source repository.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17, 2012, 18:16   #3
myshkin
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 304
myshkin is on a distinguished road
Another thing I'm not sure about...the Erebuses that show up mid-dungeon (typically as escorts for Azazel, for some reason) are getting the description for the dlvl 90 Erebus. I have not been brave enough to try taking one of them on to see which version it actually is. Just a little difference between ~300 HP with acid breath and 7500 HP with fire/chaos/nether breath.

Obviously, summoning and escorts are still not working as expected.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 01:11   #4
murphy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
murphy is on a distinguished road
I downloaded hb087src.zip and compiled (linux), seems to run ok generally, but I get a "broken savefile" crash when trying to read the competition 126 savefile. Its dying in rd_inventory(). Anyone have an idea what would be going wrong?
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 06:32   #5
Roch
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 84
Roch is on a distinguished road
I took on an erebus and couldn't knock off a single star, dlevel 30 or so. I teleported after a few turns. There were several escorting a fallen angel. Probably lucky it didn't kill me or disenchant too badly. It looks like those are the green erebuses. I later encountered a gray one (also on level 30) that was a relative pushover.

I had trouble with the windows savefile. I ended up starting a new character with the same basic attributes as the comp character, but not identical, so it could be a disqualification.

Last edited by Roch; August 22, 2012 at 07:14.
Roch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 07:43   #6
myshkin
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 304
myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch View Post
I took on an erebus and couldn't knock off a single star, dlevel 30 or so. I teleported after a few turns. There were several escorting a fallen angel. Probably lucky it didn't kill me or disenchant too badly. It looks like those are the green erebuses. I later encountered a gray one (also on level 30) that was a relative pushover.
That's consistent with my experience as well.

Quote:
I had trouble with the windows savefile. I ended up starting a new character with the same basic attributes as the comp character, but not identical, so it could be a disqualification.
Ugh. It looks as if the Mac download available on konijn_'s web page produces savefiles incompatible from builds from source, even builds from source on a Mac. I'm not sure what's going on there.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 07:48   #7
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 48
Posts: 4,218
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
I downloaded hb087src.zip and compiled (linux), seems to run ok generally, but I get a "broken savefile" crash when trying to read the competition 126 savefile. Its dying in rd_inventory(). Anyone have an idea what would be going wrong?
OK - I'll see what I can do to fix that.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 08:15   #8
myshkin
Angband Devteam member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 304
myshkin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
OK - I'll see what I can do to fix that.
Okay, I think the attached savefile is essentially identical to the provided comp savefile, and should load on 0.8.7. It seems that the published dmg is not quite 0.8.7, but is instead a few svn revisions later than 0.8.7. If you are using the OS X app from the dmg, this savefile will not work for you; continue to use the original comp savefile.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Peziel.zip (4.1 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by myshkin; August 22, 2012 at 08:46. Reason: Added clarification about compatibility on OS X.
myshkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 08:38   #9
Nick
FAangband maintainer
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Canberra, Australia
Age: 48
Posts: 4,218
Donated: $60
Nick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by myshkin View Post
Okay, I think the attached savefile is essentially identical to the provided comp savefile, and should load on 0.8.7. It seems that the published dmg is not quite 0.8.7, but is instead a few svn revisions later than 0.8.7.
Brilliant. All - please use myshkin's savefile. Any other workarounds (like Roch's) will be accepted too.
__________________
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 22, 2012, 19:09   #10
murphy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 22
murphy is on a distinguished road
myshkin's savefile is working for me. thanks guys!
murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Competition 99 Nick Competition 16 February 25, 2011 22:24
Competition 81 andrewdoull Competition 38 January 24, 2010 23:17
Competition 80 Nick Competition 13 January 16, 2010 06:00
Competition 82 andrewdoull Competition 0 January 14, 2010 22:22
Competition 79 Nick Competition 14 December 19, 2009 23:10


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:23.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.